White Rock Christian Academy’s general procedures for weather-related school closures are as follows:
- The school will remain OPEN, unless there is heavy snowfall, damage or other circumstances (e.g. power outage) that make it impossible to operate safely. The school will do its best to communicate the school closure by 6:30am.
- If appropriate, the school administration may decide to have a late start at 9.30am.
- Updates be posted on the front page of the school website. Updates will also be provided to the following radio stations:
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE MADE THAT THE SCHOOL IS OPEN – ASSUME THAT THE SCHOOL IS OPEN.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their child’s safe travel to school. Please walk elementary children to the door of the school if you are uncertain whether the school is open or not. If for any reason you feel that your child cannot travel safely to school then you should notify the school that your child will be absent. Student safety is a shared responsibility. With your cooperation and support related to winter weather procedures, we can achieve safe conditions for all.
- If there is inclement weather (e.g. Snowfall) during school hours, the school administration can decide to dismiss school early if weather conditions create a concern for the safety of students returning home. The principal and staff will communicate this decision to parents in the best way possible through the school’s normal communications channels.