WRCA is committed to providing the safest possible environment at our school. As such, we will diligently adhere to the standards, guidelines and protocols from the BC Centre for Disease Control and WorkSafeBC. We are also committed to fulfill all expectations as outlined in the COVID-19 Public Health Guidance for K-12 School Settings.
Click the following link for the full list of WRCA’s COVID-19 Protocols.
(Updated 1 Oct 2021)
UPDATES for 2021-2022
- The school does not need to have designated learning cohorts, and strict physical distancing is no longer recommended. We will return to having in-person chapels and provide classroom seating plans that are in the best interest of learning in the classroom.
- Students will be able to participate on school athletic teams and field trips are now possible.
- The library will be open for all students (not just cohorts) and we can look forward to other multiple grade events including assemblies and concerts.
- We will continue to have daily health checks, but not temperature checks. The water fountains will be accessible and hot lunches will resume in October.
- Parents will be allowed to enter the Main Building, but the Junior and Senior School buildings will remain closed for parents, except by appointment with teachers. The Main Building doors will no longer be locked during school hours, and the uniform store will be open during designate hours for trying on clothes for sizing purposes. In-person parent meetings will resume; however, will are still required to WorkSafe room limits.
- (Effective 4 Oct 2021) Wearing masks in all indoor areas are required for staff, Kindergarten-G12 students and visitors, but masks are not required inside the building while eating, playing a wind instrument or engaging in high-intensity physical education.
- (Effective 4 Oct 2021) Masks are also not required outside while on school grounds or participating in outdoor sporting programs; however, staff, Kindergarten-G12 students and visitors must wear a mask when entering one the school buildings.
- We continue to adhere to all Public Health Orders. If your child meets the criteria for a mask exemption, please send an email to Mr David Michel at email@example.com. We will honour all health and behavioural exemptions for students who cannot tolerate wearing a mask.
- The HVAC system in our two new buildings provide the best and most effective ventilation for our students and staff.