Head of School11.23.23
White Rock Christian Academy (WRCA) is seeking a dynamic and visionary leader to serve as the Head of School. As a prominent and well-established educational institution committed to academic excellence and spiritual growth, WRCA is dedicated to nurturing students in a Christ-centered environment. The Head of School will play a pivotal role in shaping the school’s strategic direction, fostering a positive and collaborative school culture, and ensuring the overall success and well-being of students, faculty, and staff. The Head of School reports to the Board of Directors, as required.
Region: Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
School/Organization: White Rock Christian Academy
Position: Head of School
Time Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $140,000 – $200,000
Date Posted: November 23, 2023
Closing Date: February 29, 2024
Start Date: To Be Negotiated
White Rock Christian Academy is a JK-12 private Christian school located in the beautiful community of South Surrey, British Columbia. As the only Christian International Baccalaureate continuum school in Canada, our mission is to inspire and cultivate citizens of godly character who will transform their world for Christ.
Leadership and Vision:
- Serves as lead spokesperson for the school, personally exemplifying the mission, vision, and core values of the school.
- Develop and articulate a compelling vision for the school in alignment with its mission and values.
- Provide strategic leadership to guide the school’s growth and development.
- Foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and academic excellence.
- Cultivate positive relationships with parents, students, staff, and the wider community.
- Actively engage with stakeholders to understand their needs and concerns.
- Represent the school in a professional and positive manner.
- Oversee curriculum development and implementation, ensuring alignment with academic standards and the school’s mission.
- Support and evaluate faculty to maintain high teaching standards.
- Monitor and enhance student academic performance and achievement.
- Sets the spiritual tone and, working with the leadership team, is responsible to promote and uphold the school’s Christian ethos and values.
- Provide pastoral leadership and guidance to students, staff, and the school community.
- Integrate faith into all aspects of school life.
- Manage day-to-day operations, including budgeting, financial management, and resource allocation.
- Oversee hiring, professional development, and evaluation of staff.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
- Supervise and support the WRCA Executive Leadership Team.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to develop and implement long-term strategic plans.
- Identify opportunities for growth and improvement in all school core programs and facilities.
- Master’s degree in education or a related field.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an educational setting, preferably as a principal or head of school.
- Strong commitment to the Christian faith and the integration of faith into education.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinker with a proven record of accomplishment for organizational leadership and positive change.
- Intermittent travel required.
- Ability to qualify for a British Columbia teacher Certificate of Qualification (COQ)
- Willing to fully commit to WRCA’s mission, vision, core values and statement of faith.
- Experience or understanding of International Baccalaureate Programs.
To apply, send the following to email@example.com
- Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Statement of Philosophy of Christian education and leadership
- Personal Statement of Faith
- Three References (two professional and one personal)